Saturday 16 August 2014

Today I awoke very early, tiptoed to the solitude of my living room and with chai in hand proceeded to pour over the news. It's sort of a habit...the waking early and reading thing. I don't wake early on purpose and I cherish the rare mornings I can sleep late. But since I am often up before anyone, catching up on the news is a quiet activity. By news I mean regional papers, Globe & Mail, Guardian, Salon and People. Mostly just the highlights. And yes, People magazine gets to be the 'news' in my world. Amidst the insanity that is found in stories of political unrest, human rights violations and environmental atrocities, I like to see what the beautiful people in Hollywood are wearing and who they are dating and what Savannah Guthrie named her baby. I am not simple minded. I am complex and curious. I don't drink in excess, I don't take drugs or gamble or lie or cheat or steal. I have an addiction to decorative pillows, breaking news and pop culture. I love my family, like my brief periods of solitude, prefer a clean house over the alternative, wish I had more money to travel and I really like to keep up with the news. Even when insanely shallow stories are involved.


No comments:

Post a Comment